[Harp-L] Re: 12-hole fourkey harmonicas available from Seydel

Roger,

This is good news. Unfortunately, I still can't get either of my preferred layouts for a transposing Bb or Eb instrument with the tonic in blow 2. The Bb instrument is tantalizingly close. If I could get g#4 in hole 1, it would be there, but the highest note in that hole is g4. So I can get blow notes g4, a#4, c#5, d#5, f5, g#5, a#5, c#6, d#6, f6, g#6, a#6
and draw notes a4, c5, d5, e5, g5, a5, c6, d6, e6, g6, a6, c7

Trying to move my pattern up a hole gives your Ab 12.4 layout from f4 to a6, so that's not so bad but means the top note is a half step flat of reaching two full octaves from the tonic. I can raise the12 draw which breaks the pattern but might be worth it.

Hmm, that means your Bb 12.4 from g4 to b6 would be my C layout (with C tonic in blow 3) and again i can get two octaves up by raising12 draw to C7.

The Eb instrument is still impossible except for your C# 12.3 layout - which incidentally is the only layout (I think) possible on the original Pro Solist 12.

Jim Hanks