Subject: [Harp-L] Re: 2012 Harmonica King of Brooklyn . . . and the winner is?

I'd think so! How about king-slayer if it should happen?(j/k)

And maybe get her to a SPAH one of these days! Aren't too many of our
home-grown Blues women showing up there--while the men go ga-ga over blues
playing European women. Just sayin'. To MY mind Cheryl Arena was the girl who
'brung it' at Jason Ricci's pre-SPAH Sacramento Blow-Off for several reasons
besides the plain fact that she sang her butt off.

Elizabeth

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 19:59:06 -0400
From: Trip  <trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject: 2012 Harmonica  King of Brooklyn . . .
and the winner is?
To: "EGS1217@xxxxxxx"  <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

Yep, and she played beautifully, had sweet tone, tongue blocked and was
super musical. She grew up in Chicago listening to Little Walter on the radio,
 how cool is that!?! As to the title question...we forward thinking city
liberals  may need to rethink our gender politics ;-)

Trip

Sent from my  iPhone
On May 20, 2012, at 6:51 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> So wait a minute, Trip. Am I actually seeing a WOMAN's name in 2nd
place? How immensely cool, if so. What would you have done if she'd won...also
named her 'King' of Brooklyn?