[Harp-L] Stevie does 'Alfie' at the White House

I had the pleasure of catching this show last night on PBS. This was the Gershwin award presented to the songwriting team of Bacharach & David. I was so hoping Stevie would do Alfie, and he did!

After he sings the tune through, he does a couple times through on harmonica, pretty much like his famous Eivets Rednow recording of the tune (or the youtube version with Bacharach). Fantastic!

And, best of all, you can watch it online here (requires flash, I believe):

http://www.pbs.org/inperformanceatthewhitehouse/video.php

Just scroll down a bit, you should see it...

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com