[Harp-L] Greta Tristam

   I'm surprised she didn't win the competition, she has over 40 years of
harp playing under her belt.....although these days I think her main hobby
is clog-dancing.  I don't know her, we both went to the same high school 5
years apart.  For years I heard about a female blues harpist in the area
with lots of chops, but we never crossed paths.  I believe she went to
Southern Illinois University and worked in bands down there.  Must have
moved to New York.  Had a chance to catch her a couple of years ago a few
miles from my house but, shame on me, I passed.  She had come back in the
area to visit and was working a folk gig with Jim Schwall (Siegel-Schwall
Blues Band) at the local Unitarian church.

Mick Zaklan