 From: Chuck Linville <linvillec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 4:04 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] XB-40

Howdy gang, I'm new. Been at it for about 3 years, and deciding to try to get serious (oops, there went my life. LOL) I bought an XB-40 from Ebay awhile back 'cuz it was relatively cheap. It's an F# low. I've been playing it for awhile, and I'm just not sure what to think. I will say that although it's interesting to be able to bend every note, I am having trouble controlling it. It's like it's almost TOO easy to bend, at least for me and my ability at this time. So I'm just wondering if there is a general consensus on these instruments. Do you think a "higher" key would be more controllable? Ultimately I am wondering if I should invest the time necessary to get control of this thing. Thanks a bunch for any advice. -chuck