 From: Trip Henderson <trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 1:30 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] 2012 Harmonica King of Brooklyn

hey y'all,

This year's Brooklyn Folk Festival is this coming weekend and along with an
amazing line up of music (including my band The Whistling Wolves) it will
feature a harmonica competition . . .cool!

I've been asked to be a judge and it looks like a fine time will be had. It
is scheduled to take place at 4:15pm on Saturday and here are the details.
Sign up by emailing the festival organizers at the web site, and please
stop be and say hi. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

http://www.brooklynfolkfest.com

>From Eli Smith the festival host:

A royal crown will be presented to the 1st place winner along with a
certificate designating them the "2012 Harmonica King of Brooklyn," plus a
$50 gift certificate to the Jalopy Tavern.  2nd place gets a certificate
and a $25 gift certificate to the Jalopy Tavern and 3rd place gets a
certificate.

The contest will be decided by an authoritative judge who is also taking
into account audience response.  They will be rated on a scale of 1 - 10
with 10 being best.

The contest will unfold as follows -

Maximum of 7 contestants.

There will be 3 categories:

1. Best Train Imitation
2. Best Talking Harmonica (who can make their harmonica say "mama" most
convincingly.)
3. Best free style piece

Who ever does best in all 3 categories is declared the winner.

4TH ANNUAL BROOKLYN FOLK FESTIVAL

*345 Jay Street between Metrotech and Willoughby*
*Brooklyn, NY*
*
** <http://www.brooklynfolkfest.com/directions>*

**