[Harp-L] New history page: the Vermona connection

I get asked all the time about the relationship of Seydel and Vermona and how it all fits in. It's a story I tried to tell as simply as possible, because it's pretty complicated. Name switches, mergers back and forth. I left out the assimilations because I went over those in the East German Harmonica Makers page. I don't think that a lot of people realize that F.A. Rauner and Seydel have a similar story. The odd thing is, Seydel and F.A. Rauner merged in the 1930s that didn't work out. After World War II, the communist overlords merged them again. Did I mention F.A. Rauner is still in business under another name? You've all probably heard of it, but didn't realize it was the ghost of F.A. Rauner.
This is their story:
http://www.elkriverharmonicas.com/harp_school/vermona ;

www.elkriverharmonicas.com/harp_school/vermona

 wasn't sure which link would turn up clickable, so I put it in twice. I've been having trouble putting in clickable links on the L.

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum