 From: Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:15 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] cleaning silver solder from files

OK
you know this already, but thought it might help the next guy (girl).

I add weight to some reeds with silver solder, and use a file to remove a
little for tuning.
The file gets clogged with solder and doesn't cut as well.

WHAT WORKED
scrape the point of an exacto blade through the grooves in the file. Solder
comes out easily.

WHAT DIDN'T WORK
heating the file with a lighter flame, and soldering iron
de-soldering braid

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012

Spiral Advocate