Re: [Harp-L] Long Train Runnin' song key

Standing there waiting to solo in a live situation can develop a mature stage presence. It is not necessary to be constantly playing.

Learning to stand on stage and NOT PLAY helps develop a professional attitude, as you are still part of the ensemble. In these moments, one should learn to go with the flow and show enjoyment at what is being played, perhaps with a cool stage groove movement.

-----Original Message-----
From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Bill Hines <billhines4@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp- L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, May 8, 2012 8:41 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Long Train Runnin' song key

Although I agree that standing there waiting for the solo is
unnecessary in a live situation, I believe the producers of that song
(and possibly Don Brooks, harp player) teach us a great lesson.  We
all know the harp solo is coming and we know it is great.  It creates
a tension-release situation that is very effective.  Some of my
favorite songs I have ever played or recorded have a solo only.  I
think it is in great taste.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com