 From: Neil Warren <mrp00bah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:40 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Fender Blues Junior valve set-up

Hi all,
not sure how well received a question about valve set-up will be! But here goes:
I recently bought a Fender Blues Junior, an excellent amp for harp, but the stock tubes of three 12ax7s are not well suited to harmonica.

Anyone found  the 'perfect' valve set-up (I know it's all down to personal taste, and the mic of course!)

I've currently got the current set-up:
12at7 - first
12au7 - second
12ay7 - third

I like this. Someone told me the 12au7 is a must in the second slot. I don't like it in the first as it brings the gain down too much.

I also like:
12at7 - first
12ax7 - second
12ax7 - third