Re: [Harp-L] Close encounter with an RP 150 -- huge disappointment

Gary Lehmann wrote:
<I don't have the 150, but the 355 I have works convincingly as an effects
<box for my Fireball microphone, with the ability to go from clean and crisp
<enough to sing thru all the way to Heavy (by way of weird).
<I don't feedback much because I don't play loud--I am largely a solo act.
<The effect unit plus the RH patches were under $200 US.

The main reason RPs with my patches in them don't feed back is that I spent plenty of hours over a ten year period to engineer feedback out of my patches.  It wasn't easy.

When I played with Charlie Musselwhite at Infinity Hall last week, the RP155 with my patches in it produced less feedback than Charlie's Sonny Jr. Cruncher at the same (high) volume.  That's the way I designed it to work.  Loud doesn't mean a thing unless you can prevent feedback, and my patches do.

Of course you can get anything to feedback if you push it hard enough, but I have no doubt that an RP with my patches in it is one of the most feedback-resistant rigs out there.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick