Re: Re [Harp-L] Blind Owl talks about volume

Well, I have been playing my harmonica for more years than I care to
admit...
I've played most all kinds of music, acoustic through to what used to be
called "progressive rock" which was louder than a jet aircraft taking off.
Quite honestly, when the music gets too loud, people can't actually HEAR
it. Yes it's fun to play through that big amplifier with the volume setting
on  "11". But, mostly music actually sounds MUCH better when it is less loud
than that.
In my opinion, one of the best things is to vary the volume a lot,  and
introduce "dynamics" into the music....
Just my 2c worth.
John "Whiteboy" Walden
(currently in Scotland)