Re: [Harp-L] positions you can use on diatonic

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM, The Iceman <icemanle@...> wrote:
> I don't always play positions. I play notes where they lay. Often I don't
>think position and when I play this way, it doesn't sound like position.

While I get what you're saying about not *sounding* like you're in a certain position, I think it's confusing to say that you aren't playing in a position. Strictly speaking, "position" just refers to which key you are playing relative to the key of the harmonica you are on. So no matter what you play (unless you are playing in keys unknown to man) you are playing in a position. It's awesome that you can play in such a way that you don't sound like most everyone else, and I totally respect that, but positions are confusing enough for people already and they really don't need to be.

humbly,

--Jp