Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic in a Hard Rock band?

I've been doing that for years, and the only problem you might find with a
tenor C chromatic, is getting it to "cut through" the mix.... A Champ won't
be  loud enough to compete with a lead guitar, unless it is itself amped
up. A low  tuned harmonica can sound great with a rock band but won't "cut
through" the  mix easily! Often the audience simply won't hear it. What I
suggest is try  it and see how it works for you... A lot depends on how loud the
band plays!  Of course if you only have a chrom in "C" then chords will be a
problem in  other keys except mostly in "C", "G"  "Dm" or "Am". Lots of
guitar  based bands like to pay a lot in the keys of "A" and "E", so if you can
get hold  of more chromatic harmonicas in different keys you will have more
options.
Best of luck, and have fun!

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in Scotland.