RE: [Harp-L] Re: Suggested players to learn from

Interesting.
I used to take lessons with Sebastien Charlier about 15 years ago, and this
is exactly what he recommended to me at that time.
Now that I understand a bit better music and goals of improvisation, I would
recommend the exact same thing to any player, on any instrument, but
especially harmonica players who are to my opinion too much focused on
reproducing sounds & licks & music from other harmonica players.

To the previous emails, I would add :
- Lester Young for his incredible laid back swing
- Charlie Parker for the way he develops complex melodic ideas on simple
harmonies, as well as for his celerity and precision of course
- Chet Baker for his expressiveness & melodic sense of drama
- Jim Hall for his simplicity
- Michael Brecker for his complexity and modernity

Regards,

Jerome Peyrelevade
www.youtube.com/JersiMuse