Re: [Harp-L] reed slot burrs

Hi Gary

Are you suggesting that just running the security strip between reed and
reed slot will eliminate burrs in a brass reed plate?

Also, can anybody tell me which side of the reed plate that the burrs tend
to show up? It's my understanding that reed plates are made with a press
and die. I'm not a machinist but I have the suspicion that burrs will show
up on the surface cut last. But which side is that? Outside or inside
surface of the reed plate? Does that change with the manufacturer?