Re: [Harp-L] Your First Time

There is a children's book called "Lentil", by Robert McCloskey.  (He also wrote "Make Way for Ducklings" and "Blueberries for Sal".)

Lentil wants to sing but can't, and is outcast and forlorn.  He gets a harmonica, and suddenly he can make music!  He practices all the time, to and from school, in the bathtub, etc.  Stuff happens, and (spoiler alert) Lentil foils the efforts of Old Sneep and saves the day with his harmonica playing.

We had a vinyl record of this book and practically wore out the grooves.  I made a couple of attempts to learn to play harp on my own (once in the 1980s and once in the 1990s), and finally started to get some traction in the aughts.

Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")