Re: [Harp-L] Post St. Paddy's thoughts- "back when I was learning to play, a Marine cost ...?"

In late 1968 and 1969 I paid (in Canadian money):

$3.25 for a Hohner Blues Harp in C

$10.00 for a Koch 980 (tuned like a diatonic but with a chromatic slide)

$15.00 for a Hohner 270 12-hole chromatic

$20.00 for a Hohner 280 16-hole chromatic.

I don't know what Mrs. Claus paid for the Marine Band in A that appeared
in my Christmas stocking. I assume she had distributorship deal with
Hohner, because the harp said "Made in Germany," not "North Pole."

Winslow

VOTE Winslow Yerxa for SPAH president, with L J Atkison for vice president
Winslow for SPAH President (Facebook)

Winslow4Prez (YouTube)
Chair, SPAH entertainment committee
Chair, SPAH awards committee
Member, SPAH convention planning committee
Staff, SPAH Convention event operation

 From: "burket@xxxxxxx" <burket@xxxxxxx>

Does any one remember what they paid for their first harmonica?  Can you beat $ .50 cents?
Cheers-

Burke T.