From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Mar 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Why 12th?

>Can someone please tell me what 12th position is especially good for--what you
would rather play in 12th than >2nd, and why?

>Thanks, Richard Hunter

The very short musical answer is: because of the potential in 6 D, the major 3.
Should be handled with care, of course, but itÂs a great wailing opportunity
there. Does not translate to 3 D. And most certainly not to 7 D.

The ... -- economic answer is: so we will not have to buy another set of harps,
in country tuning. A great tuning, but buying all these harps is rather taxing
already.

Cheers,
Martin