From: Larry Marks
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: Harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Why 12th?
Sent: Mar 18, 2012 10:43 AM

Also, like 2nd position, 12th position is one accidental away from the
tonic key of the harp (it's 2nd position on the circle of fourths.) That
means, like 2nd position, not so many bends are needed to play a major
key melody. The utility of the position as a major key position is as
Martin has well described it.

   -LM