Re: [Harp-L] seeking Ruby Gentry backing track

As we were saying the other day, I usually learn a tune in it's original key. And though I can do this one in several keys, I like D. So I have used a Bb chromatic..played IN D to reach the C that some piano players want..as they are sometimes younger +/- unfamiliar with the tune or maybe just the chords (which ARE critical). Someone just sent me the chart in D, so I will re-write it tomorrow for C also and take both to the gig Sunday night.
If you check out you tube, there are several versions. Some good, some not so good. Victor Young (George Field on chromo) original movie version, Les Baxter (Danny Welton on chromo), and of course several versions with Richard Hayman.
s-j  (who thinks playing it in C is also fine).