Re: [Harp-L] Key of song from Guitar cords

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Toad <soundguyaudition@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> for starters I have -0- music therory,
> my Question is, if the guitarist calls out cords like C7 B13  Em7/9 ,
> 1. is all I need to know is that the song is in the key of C, then pick up
> the appropreate harp and play in the correct posisition for that harp to be
> in C?

No. For starters, I don't think your example is in "C"; I'd guess E minor,
I'd need to hear the melody to be sure.

> 2. do the numbers dictate what position I should play in?

No, the numbers have absolutely nothing to do with harp positions,

> 3. or are the numbers irrelivent to harp players?

They certainly aren't irrelevant,  but with "zero music theory", they
aren't going to do you much good. Play what sounds good or sit this one out.

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com