Re: [Harp-L] seeking Ruby Gentry backing track

Yes, and when you find a good one, I will buy it from you. I HAD the best track I had ever heard but it was from Bob McFarlane, on an old floppy that slipped into a keyboard and I wasn't able to find any modern program that could read it without skipping. Btw, Ruby Gentry Theme is originally in D. At least that's the way it was in the movie. And although in D, it WAS played on a C Hohner. That's the way I play it and according to George Fields (whom I met at the Palm Springs Follies), HE felt that it has more feeling that way. True that there are more ENDS of phrases that end on a draw note..and therefore more opportunity to 'cry' the reeds.

I have a CD with Richard Hayman doing it (MY hero). Also in D. Spectacular. I have a Stevie Wonder version. I never checked the key because it is.....well...not my cup of darjeeling.

But, bottom line, it's a great tune. Not in any real or fake book that I have ever seen (those books seem to stick you with too much dross). And if you find a good track, I'm interested.

smo-joe