Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:29:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: walter gloshinski <waltertore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Custom Harps-my 1st- I was blind but now can see
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

message-ID:
	<1331850584.3400.YahooMailClassic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Burke T, out of the Bay area, took a box of my tired old harps and sent me back
a box today with some of mine revived/customized and some of his customized
harps. All I can say is I am floored. It brought back the same feeling I had
when in the 7th grade and ïmy parents finally took me in for glasses. It turned
out ïI was close to legally blind and when I walked out of that shop with my
first pair of glasses on the world was in focus for the first time in my life.
It was like this with these harps. I have been playing stock harps since the mid
70's and just plain got use to it as normal but I now realize, working with
harps that stuck, buzzed, were hard to play, and the high end was useless on
many keys there is a new world out there. To sum it up simply- I can flow so
much easier with my entire sound. It is sort of jolting because I am programed
for stuff to get stuck, out of wack. I don't know if anyone will hear any
difference but I can.

This is my
 first session with some of them. I used a hicksville MB in A, and Hicksville MB
in G on these. Burk T is passionate about harps and I am glad to have met him. I
often wonder why I stay on these forums and then I meet a guy like him, and many
of you here, and it makes it all worth it. I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID TO
DATE ON CUSTOMIZED HARPS. I was dead wrong about being able to get what I wanted
out of stock harps since I blew one of these. But I am glad it has taken me this
long to get one because my style is mine and now I can take it to new places!

Walter
with the 1 man band

never seen another dance like my Judy B
Soon I was a highway man

just vocal and the harps

Burkee T let me see
dizzy with hammers in my head I can't see
the hard times are all gone

walking

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137