Re: Subject: [Harp-L] hold diatonic right or left hand???

I spent a year playing upside down.  It taught me a lot and gave me a
neat "look at me" trick to do in performance.

Also, there are many ways to hold the harp.  Consider the Fonzie grip,
best exampled by Gruenling.  I teach hold in left hand, but I explain
upside down harp and show my students around ten different grips I use
regularly, including holding it in the right hand and the Fonzie grip.
 I then explain the basic physics of "wrapping your hands around the
harp makes it quiet, opening your hands make it loud."  And explain to
those struggling with my grip that they know the physics, they can
find their own way to make it quiet and loud.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com