From: Dan Hazen <bluesmandan76@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:02:19
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] RE: noobie question right hand/left hand

I learned the traditional left hand grip. But I've thought for a long time
that I kinda wished I'd learned the upside down/backwards approach. Paul
Butterfield played that way. AND about half the time I grab a harp to play
I pick it up backwards anyway! TWEET!

Seriously, though, I think if you're right handed you should hold it in
your right hand, if you're left handed hold it in your left, with the low
reeds in that hand. So a southpaw plays normal and a righty does it upside
down. It makes sense that you would be more adept at hitting the right
notes, playing with speed, getting good hand trills... if you're using your
most coordinated hand.