Subject: [Harp-L] Doobie Brothers - Without Love

Hi Al:

LOVE the Doobie Brothers.

This is from The Captain and Me - 1973 - shows Tom Johnston's harp solo up
close.

_http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi4a6_doobie-brothers_music_
(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi4a6_doobie-brothers_music) #

Where in NJ, can I ask - I mean roughly?

If you're within driving distance, we have the Garden State Harmonica Club
in Glen Rock, New Jersey- check out the website:

http://www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org/contact.html

and we do an Annual 3 day festival (hopefully we WILL be able to have
another this coming November if someone steps up as President upon the
resignation/retirement of Val Redler-Caltabellotta, and co-Chair of the  Festival),
but it's an amazing Club for all kinds of players and the  Festival's
brilliant - especially the past 3 years with Val and Phil  Caltabellotta in
charge.

I'm assuming you're a diatonic player -  we have both diaonic and
chromatic players attending the club regularly and the Festival. Dennis  Gruenling
is a regular at the Festival and a celebrity member of the club whose
schedule is just a bit too busy to be a regular attendee although he did come by
last year with Adam Gussow. Dennis is probably one of THE best blues players
of  his generation and has his own radio show out of:

Fairleigh Dickinson University: 89.1 FM in NJ/NY metro area -  streaming
live on Thursdays 1:00 - 3:45p.m. @ _wfdu.fm_ (http://wfdu.fm/)
1:00pm-3:45pm    Blues & the  Beat  Dennis  Gruenling  _dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I don't get to attend every Garden State meeting since I live on Long
Island and it's a hike, but they meet twice a month on Monday  Evenings (first
and third), and the last one I attended included blues  diatonic players,
guitar player/singers, chord and chromatic duets, chromatics  alone, the
ensemble, a mish-mash of blues with everyone joining in and even me  playing a wee
bit of Suzuki Melodion. It's active, growing, welcomes  all ages and
genres: blues, jazz, classical, country and is anything BUT stuffy.  We have
coffee and pastries - everyone's friendly and no one wants to  leave when it's
time to pack up and stop playing.

If you're anywhere close by - you might want to give us a look-see or even
just stop in and say hello, or alternatively - contact Val or me if you'd
like  more info.

Elizabeth

"Message: 10