[Harp-L] U blocking

I'm a pucker player first, recently started U blocking which I find works nice on chromatic, and am slowly adding this to my diatonic playing, but my tongue blocking has always been limited to simple octaving and fluttering. TB for me is like pucker for smo-jo, it don't come easy, how do you guys do that?

Think it turned out this way because I learnt by playing along to recordings by people that turn out to be mainly pucker players, emulating their sound. When playing along to TB players the notes I play might be right, but my accent marks me out as a foreigner ;)

I really love the fullness of tone and harmonics you can get with TB so I'm working on my technique there. The note clarity and timbre of pucker is great for certain styles. Would love to have the both of them mastered.

Regards
Tom

sent from my mobile