From: Music Cal <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Mar 13, 2012 7:45 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Blues plus

Hi Gnarly, Smo-joe, and Winlsow

I thinking the musical expression of this elusive feeling is more than just
one note. I think it's something akin to using the blues scale. But the
ill-defined sound and feeling I am looking for strikes me as being slightly
more "outside" than the blues scale. But not a lot.

Do you have any suggestions for jazz blues players and specific recordings
of them that tend to play just a wee bit "outside" on the blues? Maybe I
will recognize the sound if I hear it in another player's work if they
aren't pushing the "outside" envelop too much and overwhelming my ears.