[Harp-L] harp improve on a cover's

I was asked to play this St Patrickâs Day at a local TavernÂwithout much time to come up with something to practice working into the songs.
It will just be acoustic guitar and harp.
I wouldn'tÂcall myself total beginner but I still can not walk into a any song and start playing on the spot and still feel confident.
What would be a few good ways to learnÂimprove on a cover song without harmonica in them?
For songs like The Dubliners? I thought maybe try to follow the violin, or Amy MacDonald to maybe try the following the percussion line. Any good tricks of the trade.
Thanks for any suggestion
Todd