Subject: [Harp-L] Lipstick WAS: Mendes Harm?nica Trio

Here's another of their performances from 1992 - Memory (from  Cats)....

lovely:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFV1BVKwIU&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFV1BVKwIU&feature=related)

As to the wearing of lipstick - entirely up to the individual. I personally
 still wear a blend of lip balm (usually a blistex product) with  a light
lipstick or lip gloss on top since I'm so pale and need some  colour and it
helps me not chap quite so quickly. I then make sure to wipe down  my
harmonicas right away if I do - but it doesn't make a real mess since I  use so
little, but they now make a lipstain which can 'set' and not come off on
glasses, etc.

Covergirl and Maybelline both make competing 'middle of the road'  priced
lipstains - they're supposed to last for several hours and work on a
'colouring marker' principle (there are more expensive ones out there  too).

Perhaps the young lady is using something akin to this - or she simply
doesn't care if she has to clean her bass harmonica later on. The chord player
isn't wearing any kind of lipstick. Purely a personal choice.

Elizabeth

Message: 3