Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Do you this man ?

Merci, Patrice for the information. My poor grasp of le francais  wasn't
sufficient for me to tell if his first name was Guillaume,  or if his name was
actually just like this well-known American Comedian/actor:

(PLEASE don't ANYONE watch this clip if even remotely offended by
off-colour language):

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc78yPv_ztM&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc78yPv_ztM&feature=related)

hahaha. (Robin Williams likewise makes fun of Scotsmen - in his 'the
origins of Golf' clip (filmed during the same show) which, as  a Scot, I
personally find very funny).

I can only add that over here someone with several CD's out and who
performs onstage with a band at Giullaume Robin's level would likely  be
considered Professional and not an amateur.

NICE player.

What I think SPAH and the other conventions, as well as having internet
access have opened our musical eyes and ears up to, is precisely what  you
talk about here - getting to enjoy and appreciate other musicians from  around
the Globe. At the most recent Garden State Harmonica Festival one of the
biggest hits who left everyone reeling due to his amazing playing style was
Vitali Imereli - a BRILLIANT jazz violinist who floored us with his  Saturday
night 'gypsy jazz' performance (a la Grappelli). We have our own 'gypsy
jazz' harmonica player on this list - David Naiditch. I'd have loved to see
and  get David's reaction to Vitali on that particular night.

We'd never have been exposed to someone like Vitali in the normal  course
of events but he was brought to the Convention by his friend Enrico  Granafei
and because Val Redler and Phil Caltabellotta were so open  to different
musicians as well. Vitali played onstage with Enrico, Bucky  Pizzarelli and
Jerry Bruno. Such fun. I hope this style of  international evenings of sharing
music continues. It can make an evening of  harmonica that much more
exciting - depending upon the caliber of the musicians,  of course. (Just a couple
of years ago SPAH hosted Koei Tanaka (also a jazz  harmonicist) whom I
thought was terrific. He was backed by some West Coast  musicians from Tower of
Power. It was exciting and fun. Again - someone new to  us and different.)

For those interested: here is Vitali playing Sweet Georgia Brown with Bucky
 Pizzarelli and Jerry Bruno again. Unfortunately Enrico isn't sitting in
this  time although I did record that performance at the GSH Festival. I will
have  Danny G get it up on YouTube one of these days. They're playing with
Olli  Soikkeli in this clip  - and at Enrico's own Trumpets' Jazz Club in
New Jersey, so it's all 'connected'.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Xjwgj-ci8_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Xjwgj-ci8)

Elizabeth

Don't forget to vote! Winslow Yerxa for President of SPAH!

Message: 7