 From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
To: Robert Coble <robertpcoble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2012 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Blu-Tak or Silver Solder - Staying within the lines

Because I learned it here, I can't take credit for teaching Bob to use a pencil to limit the spread of solder.  It sounds like a great idea! My method was to apply paste flux with a toothpick to the area to be soldered. There is no reason you could not do both in a belt-and-suspenders mode.

The little battery-powered soldering guns are useless for most soldering but work very well to apply solder to reeds. They are small, light, easily manipulated, and don't have to heat up.

Easton started me using Shofu Brownies, my preferred method of tuning.

Vern