 From: MANFRED WEWERS <mwewers@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 5:28 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Archeological evidence (was Spotify)

Canada has 10% of the US harmonica market, with Toronto historically being a harmonica centre. From 1900 on, Hohner dominated in the area of newspaper ads from department stores and music stores selling harmonicas in Toronto.  I don't see why this would not have been the same in the US albeit on an even larger marketing scale?  The large numbers of harmonicas produced in Germany by then would certainly require such a large overseas market.

Earlier Toronto newspaper ads (1897 and earlier) from music stores list harmonicas for sale, but not specific brands.

Manfred from Toronto the Good