[Harp-L] the battle between vocals and acoustic harp

trying to capture the acoustic harp and vocals on the same recording mic is an ever going challenge. The brightness of the harp is hard to tame without losing clarity on the vocals. I have gone through lots of mics/preamps/compressors trying to capture the sound as it sounds. The other day I put some NOS tubes into my preamp and came up with a tonal balance that I can live with for now.  I still have a couple other mics to try out. . Here are some songs I did in my studio tonight. I am using  hicksville MB's  customized by open door harps. Walter

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11710754

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11710837

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11710848