[Harp-L] Endemic Mistakes

It is an interesting concept that we should be playing different genres for the good of the instrument. I wonder if players of other instruments think about that? I play a harmonica because I like the sound, it is expressive and fun. Whilst I am happy to promote the instrument, I am not going to play different genres, just because the blues, may not be hip at the moment.

You choose an instrument and the type of music you play because it resonates with you, it allows you to express yourself. Its a very personal thing. I do actually play different genres (jazz and World), because its music I like, not because I am interested in promoting an instrument.

Martin