[Harp-L] XB-40 mod

There was a thread a while back on the demise of the XB-40. One of the things discussed about it was the notes that you can bend aren't necessarily the ones you need - after all Richter is so perfect for 2nd position.

Long story short, I wound up with an XB-40 C, took it apart and tuned it to Paddy Richter (I retuned both blow reeds, btw). As a fourth position harmonica - I use Paddy Richters for that - it is an incredible little machine. The 4,5,6 blow bends come in handy anywhere I might use an overblow, but also the ability to bend those notes in fourth position is really cool - I like it so well that I'm going to sell the Paddy Richter C I was making for myself, and make this beast my main fourth position Am axe. It's really cool for fourth position - retuned to paddy.

David

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum