Re: [Harp-L] Re: Some unique stuff

Dave, thanks for posting Cappy.  He is an unbelievably great player.  This YouTube video of Cappy playing Flight of the Bumblebee in 1992 at the Windy City Harmonica Club is outstanding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGT5fKAGgZg&feature=related .  ;

Lockjaw Larry
Breathing Music daily

From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:49 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Some unique stuff

When you watch that, listen for Cappy's polyphonia lines. They are so complex, then near the end when everybody is playing the same lines, Cappy is matching note for note with awesome glissandos between beats. Cappy could very well be the most underrated musician in the history of the world. Nay, the history of the universe itself. I mean seriously, who has even come close to approaching his mastery of that instrument? Even remotely close?
He plays the Polyphonia No. 5 (right?) as if it were a playable instrument. Anytime somebody says something seems exceedingly difficult to play- the XB 40 was the last such instance - I always say they could become the Cappy Lafell of it.

David
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Sent from my iPhone