[Harp-L] Christo Redemptor in its various incarnations
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Christo Redemptor in its various incarnations
- From: Timothy Kane <hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:11:21 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1343405481; bh=dRPWSSF906SchzvQoCak9bCjVhHhJ7eDbYumSm5q3bE=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=q5yqysccVdvCQMpJjjxDRr7RMy+sN4+cSufnmlzOt9+W+Ngbp6isaUKANNHs5gsaQH+ydhs3bRYBHbcSuVf4wKDEibPti1riQyu10jDI3s2rcxmnKQeUIV92HyZPURHv0qJuYUsJMukcr8MEkfYHltWpwwAYY6fN6ybtRA0vRU4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=z1pAfdjyc6fXEBcpnpPEEh45iB1GKmUpwjTjzwcsOMj12T96qX/5T+LJ/qOgRPNhDEdPJmvh0xICAvZRre5heYiMk1cxTtPVFD6E19SPPdrM+Fr9HMtLpWCikOSp+qgNi9hrfZ4B8OrLF8+uRLsIxCFg8CBB9JFVERMKc/1ZCXM=;
- Reply-to: Timothy Kane <hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx>
I've brought this subject up on MBH several times, but I thought I'd put it up for discussion here. Christo Redemptor is by far and away my favorite Charlie Musselwhite number, but it's also quite possibly my favorite harmonica tune, furthermore, my favorite blues song. I have here an interesting cover of it by an Italian group called The Headhunters, headed up by Willy Mazzer. I really like the arrangement on this, and how the intensity of it builds up on both the harp and Hammond solo. Willy's alternation between the clean mic and his dirty amped mic is also very tasty to me.
Anyone else have a favorite rendition of Christo, or maybe one of your own to share?
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and