Re: [Harp-L] Re: Cheek Blocking

Man your right on Rick !
The year my band competed in Memphis at the IBC ( http://youtu.be/ iejCOOb-vC0 )
Grady Champion won . . .
Don't now what those judges were smokin' but I wish I had some of it !

JB

On Jul 26, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Rick Davis wrote:

www. youtube.com/watch?v=N4Mfox-VoWE

I shot the video of Nic Clark posted by Chris Richards.  Nic and Al
Chesis were far and away the best act there at the Colorado Blues
Society's IBC competition last Sunday,  But the judges saw it
differently, somehow.  As you can tell from the video, Nic's playing
was absolutely spectacular.  World class tone and phrasing, and
mastery of the instrument.  Two acts out of 7 advanced to the CBS
finals later this year.  Inexplicably, Nic and Al were not in the top
two.

If you like, you can judge for yourself:  There are videos of all the
acts in that show here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/chicknpatti

Al's band made it to the semi-finals in Memphis last year, and Nic's
band made it all the way to the finals at the Orpheum theater, and
their set last Sunday was fantastic.

It defies credulity that Nic and AL -- with the performance you see in
the video that Chris posted -- did not advance.  It undermines
confidence that musicians have in the IBC process - confidence that is
already very low.

-Rick Davis Denver, Colorado