[Harp-L] Re: Just Jammed with Huey Lewis
- To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Just Jammed with Huey Lewis
- From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 23:01:28 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=e72o1YyIy/X1sMLQIbzh5E45PHM4+68hkRsLTNgMGPQ=; b=vhqjFnjCpAdHmL/Rrn3MRor1X6IcTWJMOadjUvCb02f67SQXxFW5W6swR7PqHjxxwY j1TUA4qP+yrGNjqqu32+X2Rn+qwmcO6OH5S4fOBOTSnDyt8N53DXL/qnW0ZGkqoUZtjz Y07ruRqEKeMqjBcwJ4MISY8CJmM3e3DvKESevY9LuzcNeIbiG0WmVo4/hV+qJtexG9Fb Aqqqd7S3laWsgQH6f4stBggUHztAgfXNIIosxYiYinETh9XRxjceV3Kk6tVO650vLXSS 0lkpis7T+LBUIFWxETBog4UzZsp0O0KIfjvReuR7eqqT/a56cv7yJChUz6T+qdWteHQ8 hIuQ==
- In-reply-to: <CACQv+txDvxKDgHSRFvnNgNuA+CwJU2A2oqG9cSMvKxDre++3SA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CACQv+txDvxKDgHSRFvnNgNuA+CwJU2A2oqG9cSMvKxDre++3SA@mail.gmail.com>
I mean he was at guitar center buying Huey a harp.
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM, michael rubin <
> My old bandmate works for Asleep at The Wheel. Ray Benson and Huey were
> doing a surprise show at a small bar (200 people), The Rattle Inn. My old
> bandmate facebooked about it and I caught the status update. He said he
> was at Guitar Center buying Huey. I asked when and where the show was and
> he said that Huey only had one harp, bring mine.
> I brought my bassman, bullet, harps and alcohol wipes. I made it just in
> time. Huey was in the front row waiting to be called up. Another old
> gigging partner was on bass. I told him, I brought harps and an amp for
> Huey. He had me bring it up during the song. Huey is called up. I
> explain him the situation. He asks for an F harp and I give it to him.
> Then he gets the band ready to do Bad to the Bone with a D harp. He gets
> me up, luckily I had two D harps. We jam.
> He tells I sound good and thanks. He tells me about Chuck Gurney's Fat
> Bottom mics and that he likes them. I go on the bus and we talk some
> more. Afterwards, I am picking up my amp and Huey's one harp is there. I
> go back on the bus and hand it to him. I think he got a kick out of that.
> Michael Rubin
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and