Re: [Harp-L] cool horn band w/harp

as the guy who started this post and actually saw the band live, I would
like to say that Jackson did a fantastic job of playing lines with the
horns when he could and using nicely tweaked effects when comping behind
them - - I should have mentioned that and I don't think any of the youtubes
do him justice. Tasty harp in a horn band is a *good thing* we should all
support. I played in a horn band for years (I MISS it!!) and I'm pretty
familiar with the challenges. Jackson will only get better. His sister the
vocalist is THE REAL DEAL- her supermodel looks sort of get in the way of
her amazing vocal chops (she sounds like our old singer Sharrie Williams)
but that is probably a good problem to have at this stage of her
career...let's hope some 'producer' doesn't pull a Joss Stone on her----I
hope she can keep it real. I'd go hear them again any time I got the chance!

--
Later,
Rosco