Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Buddy Can You Spare A Dime

Correct as usual, Smokey. But frankly, ANYthing Peter plays is DElicious.
:) I have several CD's --with MadCat & Kane, Triple Play, etc. and had the
privilege of getting to see him play up close and personal at SPAH and
other more intimate settings (MadCat at a Filisko teach-in, for  example,
responding to the rest of us asking him to just PLAY and  enthralling his table
audience with an impromptu performance--and then  an off-the-cuff lesson --too
cool for words);

Here's a review of the new CD by a C. Michael Bailey (ignore his referring
to MadCat as 'Mudcat' --that's an entirely different species of whacky
being  although the moustaches may bear a vague resemblance).<G> Check out the
article AND the videos beneath: --which incorporate a couple of snippets of
Brother Can you Spare a Dime:

_http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=41373_
(http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=41373)

- if those vids don't work for you, here's the YouTube version which you
can make fullscreen:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BySnxExt3Z0&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BySnxExt3Z0&feature=related)

...and just because I stumbled onto it, and it's FABULOUS, Triple Play with
 MadCat trading off on Take 5 in Singapore with an orchestra player on
what looks like a fore-shortened type of flute (perhaps he can clue us in on
the  instrument)? I was blown away by the incredible energy/interplay here
(I've been  privy to MadCat playing Take 5 on a diatonic before and he's
terrific!): See,  THIS is what improv is or should be all about.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDS9Mous5o&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDS9Mous5o&feature=related)

Enjoy!

Elizabeth