[Harp-L] Danny Wilson and the GigList

Dear friends at Harp-L,

Recently I've been in contact with Danny Wilson. I must pass along to you all that Danny, with regrets, has had to put the GigList on hiatus for awhile. Seems his computer system has been giving him lots of problems for the past few months, and he is unable to update the Giglist unless/until he can upgrade the system.

What's more, Danny has been working through some health problems; this, together with the sad news of the recent loss of his daughter, have combined to make the constant updating of the Giglist something that's simply no longer possible for him to keep up with -- at least for now.

Many folks on this list may not know Danny Wilson; but for all us 'old-timers' he's been a mainstay and Rock of Gibraltar in the Harmonica Community for decades; tirelessly compiling and maintaining the Giglist without compensation or fanfare. Additionally he's been maintaining a bevy of web sites for various harpers (myself included.) Speaking for myself I can only reiterate my sincere thanks. All this in addition to being one of the finest bassharpers on the planet -- I refer to him as "Lord of the Low Frequencies."

Anyhow Danny, ever gracious, apologises for the lapse of the Giglist until further notice. I hope you can all join me in thanking him for his tireless service (and music,) and wishing him (and Lorraine) healthier and happier times down the road.

cheers and thanks,
Tom Ball
Santa Barbara CA