[Harp-L] Amplifiers vs. PA schemes
- To: Harp <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Amplifiers vs. PA schemes
- From: B Boggs <ceudoazul@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:19:03 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1341523143; bh=SK6xMUddXoMAtQ2h+eU41ZqjaCMrcY3T73bejH7xFE0=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=pmaDw/sRFKJ/yh1LhteJOATHJPdIDb5vmeiy8g+hlJpKaxkpbvs8qjKLQiMSvgQ5DcZiqRmxdm22Eb2FEuSOqx8ICBm/xhzGyVAoXixBqrOx8SlB9QUqe+6Ngai0Cl4OYKTQJ/B2Hrto0G9TbUhReI2NxJlP6fXXHK2GOXWdlt4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=GBSeNIdC1/pB0O4ruFKxviY6GkIGZAfT1Ax5Om6be6tSNY2UZHm9WZDQgoB/zrCqp5eYEQcuFiAgt2asVDF0GP97qut6hEaUPjcqGcZrJ5s5aAhGUuLaqwPXyent1RCWCW1NQeRXmkYR0yTOVlybZytbr3VszQdy22zOU2K44xw=;
Rather than either- or; I see the good in both methods.
For going light, spontaneity and overall fun, I have used the Harp Commander and gone into PA with one of blowsmeaway.com chopped Shure 545.
Or any number of pedals and devices.
Currently I am liking the Lone Wolf Harp Attack and a Shure CRT in a bullet mic.
Or an amp like a SJ or Juke or Valco model(s).
A big difference in playing with an amp is the control of sound for a medium-sized room and on-stage.
A bigger room mics the amp anyway, but at least you retain more control over your volume.
For those who don't have that issue- very good!
Some musicians don't like harp in the monitor and some people managing PA can bury the harp.
Arguably, if you have a powered monitor, or a good sound tech, it is not an issue.
The point is that they are birds of a different feather and you can choose.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and