Subject: [Harp-L] New York Trip Info

You're going to miss Sugar Blue playing at BBKing's on the 17th of March
(B.B. King Blues Club & Grill 237 West 42 St (212) 997-4144), but  check the
site out anyway since there's always something going on at  Lucille's there
and good food as well. I believe there are two separate  dining/music rooms
and tickets can be bought in advance through ticket master.  It's fairly
high-end for seating if you want a booth on the floor but they also  do a
brunch every Saturday and Sunday:

_http://www.bbkingblues.com/_ (http://www.bbkingblues.com/)

Terra Blues, 149 Bleecker (as Chris has already mentioned)

_http://www.terrablues.com/_ (http://www.terrablues.com/)

always has harp players around but can get packed depending on the act
(Jason Ricci with New Blood always drew a full house). Looks as though  Hazmat
Modine will be there March 10th. Here's their VERY cool version of 'Child
of a Blind Man':

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tItcoCW8S94_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tItcoCW8S94)

You're missing Steve Guyger's appearance there on the 27th of March.

Here's one critic's review from New York NightLife which might help  with
some other entertainment as well:

_http://nymag.com/listings/bar/terra-blues/_
(http://nymag.com/listings/bar/terra-blues/)

A few steps away from Terra Blues is Bob Dylan's old hang-out:  The  Bitter
End (147 Bleecker Street) - still in business although I don't know about
its current clientele or music. A quick online search should give you the
info.

Will Galison gigs fairly frequently and is a fabulous jazz musician
(harmonica, guitar and vocalist). Here's where he's currently gigging  (afaik):

_http://www.theundergroundnyc.com/_ (http://www.theundergroundnyc.com/)

There's the Iridium for jazz, although I've never been.

_http://nymag.com/listings/bar/iridium_jazz_cl_
(http://nymag.com/listings/bar/iridium_jazz_cl)

And a link which might help for food:

_http://ny.eater.com/archives/2012/01/730pm_resy_at_minetta_tavern.ph_
(http://ny.eater.com/archives/2012/01/730pm_resy_at_minetta_tavern.ph)

I've no idea about jams since I don't spend much time in Manhattan, living
out on Long Island, but Will might know. He's on facebook too.

Hope some of this helps and that you have a great time in the City.

Elizabeth

"Message: 8