[Harp-L] CLIMB JACOB'S LADDER Performance Video: Everything and Nothing (12th Position)

Hello Friends:
Here's the next Performance Video from the Climb Jacob's Ladder CD Release
Show, the (CJL guitarist) Gary Mitchell-penned, gorgeous and nuanced
"Everything and Nothing." This is one of the most complex, challenging, and
rewarding songs we play, and we are proud to share this exquisite rendition

Harp-wise, I'm playing in 12th position ... lemme hear from ya fellow
harp-a-holics .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEPprRboxds
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEPprRboxds&feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be

Warm Regards, Paul Messinger/Chapel Hill NC

.

I basically followed the Howard Levy dictum that says, 'when you are playing
complex music, find the harp where the melody lies the sweetest, then go
from there' ... (am playing a Bb harp) ...

In this position I was able to find all sorts of chords, and chord-voicings
that supported this very extended melodic structure ... It's probably my
favorite harmonica part in the entire CJL songbook ... I really feel like I
am functioning as part of the 'fabric' of the sound-scape we are creating

Enjoy ... and please let's hear from ya ...

Warm and kindest regards, Paul Messinger/Chapel Hill NCI basically followed