[Harp-L] my latest amplified harp rack experiment

 I always marvel at the skills people like Greg and quality builders have. I lack these skills but am high in ideas and duct tape is my main tool :-) I decided to try the harp attached to a mic stand idea. It only took a few minutes to hook my beer can cooler up to one and set it up in the position my harp rack would normally be. I added a layer of studio foam around the cooler when I discovered wrapping it around it deadend the sound some. Here is my first attempt. I am using a small studio talk back mic stuffed inside the cooler with studio foam around the inside of the cooler. I run the mic into a vintage altec lansing 1592A 5 channel mixer. I use 1 channel for the harp. I plug that direct into my audio interface (MOTU 2408mk3). I think the results are decent.  I do everything in real time with real instruments- no overdubs- what you hear is was played and all my words and music are spontaneously created each time I perform.  I call it
 Spontobeat.  Walter

PS: This rig cost me a total of $32- $30 for the mic and $2 for the cooler. The altec mixer set me back $200.

link to the songs
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137

keep the dance floor jumping
cheap wine boogie