Re: [Harp-L] Grace Notes and the Double Bass Harmonicas

Hi Deb,

Yes grace notes, along with other musical nuances including trills, are
attainable on the Double Bass Harmonica.

Some players experience a delay if they use their diaphragm, throat, or
cheeks to articulate the notes.  However, I articulate the double bass with
my tongue (like a brass or ww player) and do not experience such a delay.
Tongue articulation also allows "multiple tonguing" to articulate the
sixteenth notes which precede select downbeats in the William Tell
Overture.  A sideways tongue movement faciliates fast baroque trills with
the adjacent hole, without the awkwardness of shaking the bass.

George