RE: [Harp-L] previously unknown footage of SBW II

Wow--really cool footage.  Thanks so much for posting it.

It feels weird to write this, but actually I'm going to be in Helena, AR next week, visiting with Sonny Payne on King Biscuit Time next Thursday afternoon.  I'll be in Memphis for the IBC and plan to again make the drive down to Helena.  He and I have kept in touch a bit since I was on the show a year ago and he's looking for me to come back on the show next Thursday.  If you've never been to the Delta Cultural Center in Helena or met Sonny I'd really encourage you to get down there and perhaps make his acquaintance if you get a chance--he's a very warm, supportive and friendly blues icon.  He's been doing King Biscuit Time on KFFA since 1941--the most recently-posted show was number 16,411.  Amazing, you know?  Anyway, I'll try to download this video onto my phone and show it to him, maybe shaking loose some recollections.  I don't think that the announcer shown in the home movie is Sonny Payne but I bet he can provide some details on location or other things about the video.  If I hear anything juicy or informative I'll be sure to post it.

John